Waterfront have designed a range of ‘next generation’ HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) Penstocks. This range highlights several areas where improvement has been achieved including:
The range is considerably lighter than alternatives resulting in ease of installation with no grout required between frame and wall.
With the HDPE being UV stable i.e. not becoming brittle in direct sunlight and only using pure materials, the product is fully recyclable giving a much lower carbon footprint.
The product requires little lubrication between the frame and the door resulting in a longer life product. The range has leakage rates that are less than both BS 7775 and DIN. 19569-4 class 5.
- Bespoke: This range can be specially designed to customers’ exact specification in terms of size and pressure.
- Size Range: Stocked standard sizes range from 150mm – 1000mm.
- Pressure: Standard size penstocks can cope with up to 6m on and off seating pressure. Penstocks can be made bespoke to withstand project specific pressure requirements.
- Materials: HDPE (high density polyethylene) Stainless steel 304 or 316, sealing EPDM
Benefits of HDPE
Waterfront manufacture a range of our products, including flap valves and penstocks, in HDPE (High Density Polyethylene). Although we still supply products in cast iron and fully stainless steel, our focus is on HDPE due to its many benefits including that it is lighter, cheaper, easier to install and has no ‘scrap value’ meaning it is not attractive to thieves.
- Lightweight range of penstocks
- Available – wall, side wall or channel mounted
- Easy and quick installation – no need for grout between frame and wall
- Materials are corrosion resistant
- Robust and rigid construction
- UV stable
- Fully recyclable
- Little to no maintenance required
- Leakage rates that are below both BS7775 and DIN 19569-4 class 5